Over and out gentlemen

14/05/24 10:25
Gentlemen, with the latest update I see this as the right time to hang up the boots. It has been a pleasure playing with and against you all. I won't thank individual people because if I do that then you can guarantee I'll forget someone so I'll just thank the guilds I was at in order of length of service so thanks to Spuitpoep, Cymru, Boots & Blood, Club T, La Cag, Rebels and B5ERO. Legendary players and a great bunch of blokes. I should however give a special mention to Spuitpoep who has been my family for the last 2 years. The best memories I will take from this game belongs to them and the people in it. Man o man I had some fun there. Especially skull dragging myself out of sleep at 2a.m to play the French. Also had fun skull dragging myself out of sleep to actually play for the French against them haha. Fantastic memories and I will miss that the most...although my sleep pattern won't lol. It was always my intention of getting around to visit quite a few guilds and I was able to do that so thanks guys.

I'm glad I was able to retire as a top level player and after 52 consecutive seasons at the top (53 this season which I won't be playing)which included many league wins, 7 gold ball/elite titles (the Spuitpoep boys weren't aware of that haha) and 13 champions cup finals (7W 6L), I actually feel like I got my money's worth. However the game has become stale to me now and I can no longer justify spending money on it as I have enough expenses these days. Also after being top level for 27 months I have no desire to continue as a non visa player. It's top level or bust for this tired old Aussie

Getting around to other guilds and meeting all kinds of different people truly has been the best part for me. It's been one hell of a ride and something I'll never forget. I'll do the updates but will do them slowly just on the off chance the day comes where I'd be keen to come back. Never say never, right?

Anyway lads it's been a pleasure. Look after yourselves and don't make me come out of retirement and start slapping you all around...again haha
14/05/24 10:38
Enjoy your retirement mate, a legend
14/05/24 10:58
I need new socks :

Enjoy your retirement mate, a legend

Cheers bud
14/05/24 12:25
A great team, but more importantly a great character. And all teams need characters or it’s fkin BORING. You were never that.
If it’s truly your last, it was a pleasure fella.
Thanks for the world cups to you and your daughter.
14/05/24 13:36
Bluemooners :

A great team, but more importantly a great character. And all teams need characters or it’s fkin BORING. You were never that.
If it’s truly your last, it was a pleasure fella.
Thanks for the world cups to you and your daughter.

Thanks Ronnie Barker
14/05/24 14:18
Happy Retirement Brother

Its been a real pleasure to have fought,played and shared some good banter with you mate.

You will truely be missed as player my brother

Good luck for the Real life Challanges and Adventures

Hope to see you back again

14/05/24 14:26
Rudolf Gerhard Strydom :

Happy Retirement Brother

Its been a real pleasure to have fought,played and shared some good banter with you mate.

You will truely be missed as player my brother

Good luck for the Real life Challanges and Adventures

Hope to see you back again

Thanks Rudolph. That means a lot. Especially coming from an egomaniac like myself haha
14/05/24 18:33
Good back to reality, legends never die. Good luck
14/05/24 19:03
All the best to one of my best mates in the game. A true legend, one of the great characters and one of the best players. We also played the greatest game ever in my opinion (won by me of course lol). Best of luck mate and keep in touch.
14/05/24 20:08
Simons Spud Slingers :

All the best to one of my best mates in the game. A true legend, one of the great characters and one of the best players. We also played the greatest game ever in my opinion (won by me of course lol). Best of luck mate and keep in touch.

A few dubious decisions no doubt haha

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Love you like a brother...just not from Tasmania